Eldon Primary School

Aspiration, Determination, Success


Travel Assistance

Transport is arranged by Enfield Council not Eldon Primary School or The ARP (Additional Resource Provision) at Eldon Primary School.

A child with special educational needs and disability (SEND) may be eligible for Home to School transport provided by and funded by the Local Authority.

Eligibility is based on an assessment of the child's individual needs in accordance with Enfield Councils Travel Assistance Policy.  The policy sets out in detail the criteria used when deciding if a pupil should be provided with transport.

This includes:

  • Pupils age
  • Pupils needs
  • The distance between home and school
  • The nature of the route or alternative route that could be taken

Any decisions about transport are made by the Local Authority and may be taken to a SEND panel.

If travel assist is granted, transport is not always provided in the form of a school bus, you will be visited by one of Enfield's Travel Brokers who will discuss with you other options, i.e public transport, escorted by a family member or friend, petrol allowance.

To apply for Travel Assistance please complete the application form on this website and return to either address:

Send to:

Post: Travel Assistance Application, Special Educational Needs, Schools and Children’s Services, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield EN1 3XQ

Transport Services

Main line and Answer phone 24/7 0208 379 1258

Please remember to apply for your child’s Zip Oyster photocard in Year 6.

11-15 Zip Oyster photocards

Children aged 11-15 can get free and discounted travel on all our transport services with a Zip Oyster photocard.


Please click on the link to find out more: