Eldon Primary School

Aspiration, Determination, Success

Terrific Twos

Terrific Twos

Free early learning and childcare



Terrific Twos Information from Informed Families

Enfield's Family Information Service


You can Apply Online Here

Once you have applied online, please email us with your where you want your FREE childcare.

Please let us know if the above link is not working. You can let us know by emailing us.

570 hours FREE childcare per year.

Once you have applied online, we will confirm your eligibility by email.




Need some help doing your application form online? Why not head to your local Children's Centre to apply? You can also attend any of our Day Nurseries or Pre Schools who offer the Terrific Twos funded places. Check here to see where your local childminder, nursery or pre school is.

Translations are available for non-english speakers


Can I get a free place for my child?

You may be eligible for a Free place if you are in receipt of ONE of the following types of support:

• Working Tax Credit – but with an income below *£16,190 - joint income if you co-habit

Income Support

Income Based Jobseekers Allowance

Employment and Support Allowance (IR)

Assisted as an Asylum Seeker under part VI of the Immigration Act 1999

Child Tax Credit only, and have an annual income of less than£16,190 (this figure is updated each year from 6th April) - joint income if you co-habit

• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.

You may also be eligible if:

• If the child receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or if they have a current statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).

• If the child is ‘looked after’ by the Council. The Terrific Twos Team will need to confirm with the Looked After Children Team (LAC) if an early learning placement is appropriate for the child at this stage.

• If the child has left care through special guardianshipor an adoption or residence order.

I think I am eligible for a free place for my child. What shall I do next?

You can:

• Apply Online

• Email us your preference of childcare

• Find you placement

When and Where can I get my free place?


If your child is 2 between, your funded would start:

1 April - 31 August (inclusive) - September

1 September - 31 December (inclusive) - January

1 January - 31 March (inclusive) - April


All parents who are approved for the offer of a free place will be contacted by a member of the Terrific Twos team to discuss their childcare place. If a parent needs further support with obtaining a childcare place, this support will be offered.

How will early education help my child?

Enjoying good quality early education at the age of two has been found to give children a good start in life, making them more likely to enjoy and do well at school.

For example, children can:

  • Develop their speech and language
  • Make friends and play with other children
  • Try out new and exciting activities
  • Learn new skills, such as how to put their coats on by themselves

What happens when my child turns three?

They will be able to take up a free place for 15 hours a week for 38 weeks a year in a school nursery class or with an approved childcare provider. Your child may be able to stay where they have been when they were two.

Don’t let your child miss out on a fantastic opportunity of childcare, early education learning and fun!

Not answered your question? Head over to our Terrific Twos FAQ Page.

If you'd like to find out more information about what Enfield Council are doing to support this scheme then please take a look at the below downloadable information:

Terrific Twos: Enfield's Two Year Olds Strategy

If you want to download and print your application you can do that below:

Please download the application form