In Terrific Twos and Rising Threes:
• We like to share stories with adults and can find our favourite stories for adults to read to us.
• We have favourite rhymes and songs and join in with the actions and songs.
• We listen to new words and learn to use these.
• We explore what happens when we use our hands and feet.
• We know that when we move a chunky crayon or pen round, up and down and across, the marks we make on the paper look the same as the way we moved our hands.
Encourage them to point to things or tell you things as you share their favourite stories with them.
Allow them to make lots of marks using chunky pencils / crayons / chalks.